Catalina Adventure SailingIf you've never been to Catalina, you're in for a treat. You can now book charters on Catalina. Catalina Sailing Adventures is the only sailing charter company on the island.
Check out Catalina Adventure Sailing for more information.
Exotic AdventuresIf you've always wanted to take an exotic sailing adventure, look no further. I am currently organizing adventure and learning experiences in the beautiful waters of New Zealand and the Sea of Cortez, Mexico. If you'd like to join me, fill in the application form below.
Signup up for an adventure
New Zealand Sailing Adventure
The latest trip will be 10 days. The cost of a birth, double occupancy, is approximately $3600 plus provisions and airfare. More details to follow.
Feel free to fill out the form, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Baja Sailing Adventure
Here's an update on a previous Baja adventure. The latest trip will probably be 7 vs. 10 days with fewer people, so the cost of the boat rental is a bit higher. It's still a good value. The trip was a wonderful experience, although the weather was a bit colder and it was a bit windier than we expected. The latest trip will be a bit later in the year, so the weather should be perfect.
The best way to tell you what it was like, is to show you - Click here
Here the basic facts from a previous trip:
- You will likely be sailing aboard a catamaran, such as a Moorings 4200 Club catamaran in the Sea of Cortez near La Paz.
- This boat will be chartered by me through The Moorings. (Subject to availability.)
- The dates are January 20, 2007 to January 27, 2007 (for example)
- The cost of the boat is about $2800 per person, not including airfare, bard, and incidentals. (See below and feel free to ask for details.)
- In general, you need to have some sailing experience (e.g., completion of an intermediate sailing course) or at my discretion.
- A $500 deposit is required to hold your reservation.
- Half the remaining balance must be paid within 60 days.
- The remainder must be paid within 60 days of travel, unless notified differently.
- Lessons equivalent to Basic Coastal Cruising and Bareboat Charter are available for an additional charge.
If you have questions or comments, please leave them in the "comments" section in the form.
Here are some additional details:
This would be a good opportunity for people to get some real hands on experience on a real charter. There are several advantages.
- I would be there, so no for-hire skipper is needed for novice sailors
- A "long-term" boat rental discount applies, since I'll rent the boat for the entire time under my name
- Getting instruction at the same time would be much less expensive than taking a formal US Sailing or ASA sanctioned class
For a general layout of he catamaran, click here.
To sign up or get more information, click here