Exotic environsIf you've always wanted to take an exotic sailing adventure, look no further. I am always willing to organize and adventure and learning experience in the beautiful waters of places like New Zealand or the Sea of Cortez (Baja), Mexico. If you'd like to participate, you can fill out my webform or let me know with an email. Here are some examples.
A typical trip is 7 days. The basic facts go something like this:
- You will be likely be sailing aboard a large catamaran, such as a 4200 Club catamaran in the Sea of Cortez near La Paz.
- The boat would be chartered by me through The Moorings. (Subject to availability, of course.)
- The dates are mid- to late-January.
- The cost of the boat is about $2800 per person, not including airfare, food, and incidentals.
- In general, you need to have some sailing experience (e.g., completion of an intermediate sailing course) or at my discretion.
- A $500 deposit is required to hold your reservation.
- Half the remaining balance must be paid within 60 days.
- The remainder must be paid within 60 days of travel, unless notified differently.
- Lessons equivalent to Basic Coastal Cruising and Bareboat Charter are available for a small additional fee.
A typical trip is 10 days. The cost of a birth, double occupancy, is approximately $3200 plus provisions and airfare.